Interested in optimizing the money you earn from your music? Learn your rights as a copyright holder and protect your music and videos through YouTube’s Content ID. Content ID allows you to monetize YouTube videos that contain your content - even if it is uploaded by another user. When advertisements play on videos that contain a sound recording, composition, or music video you hold the copyrights to, YouTube will give you a portion of the ad revenue that those videos generate. So if your song ends up in the background of a viral video, you get paid from the ads shown on this video. Here at Vydia, we administer your rights on your behalf and make sure you get the money you are entitled to.
- Q: How does Vydia Content Protection work?
- Q: Why do I need Vydia Content Protection?
- Q: Doesn’t my performance rights organization (ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, etc.) already do this for me?
- Q: If I monetize my videos, how and when will I receive my money?
- Q: I just signed up for Content ID. Can I get earnings on previous plays?
- Q: I haven’t released my song yet. Can I work with Vydia?